Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ticking off the boxes

Last week was big for me. The results from yet another round of blood tests returned and I re-tested my lactate threshold at Provision.  The results of both were a huge weight off of my shoulders, and I was fortunate enough to get the total green light that my body has "fixed" itself. Other than a bit high Cholesterol (which I have had since I was in pre-school) all of my tests looked like what they should... a healthy 32 year old athlete. The results of my lactate threshold were also enlightening... looking at the curve of my results last time and the results this time was like night and day.

And now... what?

I move towards the next evolution, but what is that. I'm a triathlete that hasn't ran or been in a pool in nearly two years... which sounds an awful lot like "I'm a triathlete cyclist." What does that mean? I'm not sure, and I am running out of time to make up my mind, at least as far as 2016 is concerned.  My tenuous plan so far is to at least return to the pool with some regularity and feel confident I can complete an aquabike, even if running is not in the cards. Otherwise, I honestly have nothing but hunger for time trials at this moment. There are a lot things I feel like I have to prove, to myself most of all. But packing on watts to the FTP and running go at odds... so at least until the State Championship I feel I am dedicated to bike training, and raising my power while holding a solid TT position... here's where the fun begins. Let's hold this for 50-60 minutes!

Trainer time... I'm going to need a neck brace...

Should be a fun and painful experience.

As always, thanks for reading and keeping up with my muddled mind. I really appreciate it!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment