Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Being sick sucks

And man have I been sick.

Earlier last week I started coming down with a cold/flu that I picked up from work... it was mainly in my head though so I planned to work through it. I will be on vacation next week so I had hoped to do a little "crash" training leading up to this Saturday, pushing myself into the red with a week of rest and relaxation to cash in on. Friday evening I was feeling pretty far in the dumps, so I had a meal a bit unhealthier than normal followed by some candy.

Enter Saturday morning. I wake up around 4a.m. and my face is on fire. As it turns out I managed to have an allergic reaction to something I had on Friday evening... a very painful one. By Saturday night I was in agony.

Fortunately I've improved daily... I'm hoping that I'm totally back to normal by Friday or Saturday. Unfortunately it threw an unexpected wrench into my training...sigh.

I would like to give a huge shoutout to Provision and Dr. Sprouse, who helped me figure out the problem and get me taken care of from the back of the Cannondale Garmin team bus in Europe! That's service.

I've just got to survive two more days... then it's fun and sun! (Need I mention we decided to postpone our honeymoon/vacation until it warmed up... the time is nigh!)

I may throw down a quick update from the beach... but if not, back to the normal schedule the following week!

Thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate it!

- Christopher Morelock


No comments:

Post a Comment