Thursday, February 1, 2018

Short Update on a bit of a Milestone

It's been over 3 years since my bout with overtraining. In that time a lot has changed... and while I tried my best to eliminate the temptation to compare myself to how I was before, in the back of my mind it was always there, sort of taunting me.

It's been a long road, one that isn't finished yet, but last week I took a step forward that I thought might never come. For the first time since 2014, I set new (all time, including before my bout) power records for 15, 20, 30 and 40 minutes.

Seeing those peak power values update from 2014 to 2018 is unbelievable... something I thought might never happen. A special thanks to Dalzell Coaching for helping make it possible. Everything from this point on is uncharted territory. I'd like to think this was all physical... but part of me wonders if (due to it seeming to be a "floodgate" of PB's over a few days) there was not some mental barrier I had constructed for myself over these last few years. Perhaps I'll never know.

One thing is for sure... everything past this point is a bonus that I probably don't deserve. I'm going to make the best of it. Onward to bigger and better!

Thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment