Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The triumphant return from Florida.


Well, as sad as I am to say it, I'm back to Tennessee. Unfortunately my phone does not play terribly well with Blogger, so it was either skip a week of updates or post some butchered text of what a good time I was having. Being the apathetic fellow that I am on vacation, I chose the former.

While there I didn't do a whole lot as far as training goes. The idea was to unwind, drink a little too much, eat some amazing seafood (Stinkys - the best seafood I've ever had) and just have a damn good time before starting my build for Nationals in 2014. That said, I got to swim every day, had a group ride with Robin's Bike & Fitness in Destin, and went on a few coffee rides with the missus. I even ran once or twice just to make sure I didn't forget how :) And of course long walks on the beach!

So being that there isn't much more interesting to report, this week I just want to show off some of the beauty that is 30a. (and some other fun stuff)


The view from our deck. Emerald Coast living up to it's name.

Sunset on 30a... if only the love birds would get out of the picture!


Rice cakes... bacon.. fried bananas and nutella! I'm not sure if the is the ultimate Gluten Free breakfast,
but it was certainly one of my new favorites!
 
Spider Man at the beach. Getting to swim in the ocean every day is amazing.

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?


Another sunset picture. I've seen a lot of nice places, but this view right here is one of my favorites.

From Bud & Ally's patio. Another awesome shot of the sunset.
 
 
Myself and the ever elusive Jenny waiting for the sunset (and having a couple of drinks)
 
Back to some serious business once I returned to work. Testing out the new (to me) Giro Selector.
 

A new toy to play with. -17° drop version too! Go Ebay Sniping!
 
 
Didn't want to leave and felt relaxed and energized, so I would call vacation a success. That's the point after all, right? I'm afraid for the next foreseeable future I'm going to be grinding towards what we have dubbed a "holy @#%$ fast" time for Nationals... I guess we're still yet to see whether my body (and sanity) can hold up for it, but it's worth giving it a go, right!?
 
Anyways, as always, thanks for reading. Now I have to go apply some aloe to my sunscorched body.
 
- Christopher Morelock



No comments:

Post a Comment