Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love is in the air (tonight)

*Sorry this is coming to you Thursday instead of Wednesday... I was without power (and freezing) yesterday due to snowmageddon - Knoxville edition.

Phil Collins reference aside... it's either time to go out and celebrate that someone special... or time to be reminded that freedom is a wonderful thing. Any way you look at it... Happy Valentines Day.

//Incest Joke cut to salvage the integrity of this blog\\ 

For me, it's the first time in a LONG time that I'll actually be celebrating with someone (Other than Jack Daniels...) so a gigantic shoutout to Jenny, who despite her terrible taste in men is the greatest girl I've ever had the pleasure of being seen out with. What she finds attractive about a mediocre triathlete who generally smells like chlorine and does laundry every day I may never know, but I can be glad of it regardless.

This post is going to be short and sweet (yeah... and maybe full of puns) since I'm getting assaulted with actual work to do (Tax time is the right time to be a car salesman!) but hopefully we'll be able to get back to some real substance in the upcoming weeks and you won't just have to read through my muddled thoughts to find a couple of tidbits of useful chatter.

So yeah, the Zipp. As promised, here's the before/after from the upgrades.



Before. A cool bike without question
After. Now we're talking! The cables missing from the front are a huge contrast.
Being in the big ring looks a lot cooler too :)
Putting them side by side it's really amazing how tight you can make the routing on a bike with a little work and the right stuff (in this case the Tririg stem and Nokon cables.) I've only been out on one short test ride, but I'm very happy with the way the bike stops now, especially the rear. I may end up wielding this little weapon at a few races this year, especially if I can find a nice rear wheel.

Well, it snowed 7" or so last night, and that managed to both kill my power and my mood. Fortunately it heated up this morning and I was for some silly reason excited to dust off my mountain bike and go play in the ice and sludge.

The Airborne is getting ready for action! 

I'm like a ninja popcicle of awesomeness! Or something like that.
So I got out there and tore up the mostly deserted streets, rode to Jenny's house to say hi, and then rode back home to the comfort of working heat (and my computer) Fortunately everyone was pretty prepared in our area, so as I'm typing this even my road is pretty cleared off. So now it's time to warm up some cider (and maybe a little whiskey) and relax. So, if you're crushed by winter (who isn't?) currently... go out and have some fun :) Just be safe.

Once again, happy Valentines Day, Singles Awareness Day, Friday, whatever you want to call it. I'll leave you with one more sweet card.

who was I kidding... this blog doesn't have any integrity...


Thanks so much for checking out the blog!

- Christopher Morelock






No comments:

Post a Comment