Monday, April 6, 2015

Getting back in the swing of things

Slowly but surely, I'm putting in some time. Sure, I'm at a measely 43 miles so far this month with most of my rides being around 30 minutes... but it's moving again and I'm actually starting to feel more like I belong on a bike once more.

Almost all of that has been on Zwift Island. I have to say, it's been a long time (actually...ever) since I actively look forward to getting up in the morning(!) and ride my bike. In the past I've been notorious for not doing bike workouts until afternoon, but on my re-start one of the things I wanted to do was break that bad habit. And so I have, with a little help from my virtual friends...

Zwift is pretty sweet overall, and though there is only one course, the constant influx of people (Laurens Ten Dam is pretty often finishing a ride when I'm waking up)  keeps it interesting. It's easy to forget that Zwift is a video game...and plays like one. (I made the mistake of not using my power ups the first week)  It's also important to remember that it is...JUST A GAME. I've logged on a few times to see people butthurt about what watts somebody can or can't produce... and while yes, it is annoying to see somebody in the orange jersey doing laps with a 7w/kg avg, it's not a big deal. 

My first day getting a green jersey was also on a big wheel! 

So far so good, I'm going to ramp up a little more in preparation for my Lactate test, and then it's off to the beach at the end of the month! Hopefully with lots of pictures!

Until next time

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment