Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lactate, V02 and the beach.

This week has CRAWLED by. Isn't that always how it is the week before vacation. Well, it gives me plenty of time for my blog post since I'll likely be MIA next week.

Yesterday I had my Lactate/V02 test done at Provision with Dr. Sprouse. It marks (for me) my true return to structured training. Although the numbers were nowhere near where I had hoped, they were realistic to the amount of time I've been laid up. I'll save you all the boring details about the numbers (they can't help you haha) and just post some pictures!

Aero...yay.

At least I've got a good front profile to make up for my poor power :)

Really hurting now.

It was the step protocol (pretty standard) with blood taken every 3 minutes (and resistance increasing) until I could no longer hold 70rpm. I had expected it to be hard, but man... it was hard. I actually felt pretty good up until the last 2 minutes or so of the last step, at which point I just smashed into the wall head on. I can at least take a little pride in the fact that I didn't stop the test myself, I went until I couldn't hold 70rpm.

Thanks for checking in on me... Hopefully when you next hear from me I'll have some good beach pictures, a suntan (Vitamin D!) and the hunger to do some work and get that FTP back up!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment