Wednesday, November 4, 2015

It happens every year

It seems like somehow it is that time of year again. Time to age up. Saturday I'll be 32 years old, fortunately not putting me into a new age group. (yet) It doesn't bother me, other than a couple of white hairs in my beard to joke about I feel better than I have in a long time.  I'm really not one to make a big deal out of holidays, especially one as ho-hum as a birthday, but I usually do buy myself something nice. This year I got a great deal on a used Computrainer, something I have had my eye on for a while now. I've only been using it for a week or so now and it's pretty cool. I really appreciate that it uses as many "easy to replace" parts as possible. Only the Load Generator and the Fuse Box seem to be strictly proprietary (maybe the usb to audio cord) but it's solidly enough built that I doubt too much repair is in it's future anyways. (fingers crossed) My primary "justification" was that it makes Zwift (something I've been using a pretty hefty amount) a bit more "realistic" (well, it adjusts the resistance to what kind of grade is on the screen at least) and I have to say, so far I'm impressed.

Playing with power!

Speaking of Zwift... all kinds of new stuff is happening as we close in on the end of open beta. By the time you are reading this it is likely already pay to play. At $10/mo I'm solidly in, although I'm not sure I'll join Strava Premium to go with it. (although maybe) Workout modes are also now open in the game, and I'll have some thoughts put up on them in the near future. Oh, and keeping things spicy, here's a picture from the couple of days leading up to Halloween, which in itself was neat, but really opened up the chat to hours of some of the worst puns ever.

This ride really got the heart pumpkin

There have been some serious  preparations for the imminent arrival of the missus and our co-habitation. The most serious thing... where am I going to fit all these bikes! (We'll have 12 together...) It means my normal "Chaos Theory" of arranging them will have to go, and I'll have to get creative. Feedback sports fortunately had a nice little solution with their folding wall hangers. I should be able to get at least 5 bikes on one garage wall and maybe another two or three on the opposing wall. Here's a quick snapshot of what the setup will look like... minus the sweet pawn shop subwoofer of course!

spiffy room saving technology!

So, that's what I've been up to this week. Next week will be a special post, something I've been working on for a couple of months now. I hope you'll check it out, I'm very proud of it.

As always, thanks so much for taking the time to see what's happening in my life.

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment