Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Tracking Progress

Borrowed bike but my own stylish kicks

Yeah. What a fun, wild weekend it has been. Track cycling is something that has interested me greatly the last couple of years, but for some reason the timing (and that the closest track is a few hundred miles away) has always been off for me to go take a certification class. Checking Dick Lane Velodrome's website, Sept 17th/18th was the last chance to take a class this year, and despite not having any of my buddies who were able to go with me, I decided it was time to make it happen. So, with the wife in tow, we made the trip to DLV to get me certified.

It sort of happened. I got a full day in Saturday, but rain kept up from finishing the class on Sunday, which was quite unfortunate. Nonetheless, I learned a ton in the time I had, most importantly, that track cycling is awesome! Something about the simplicity of it, no gears, (well, one) no brakes, just you pushing the crank faster to go faster clicked with me.  Some of my classmates dismayed at the lack of being able to stop, but it just seemed to make sense to me on a subconscious level... like if everyone on the highway used cruise control things would be very predictable.

Now I just have to bide my time to get back and finish my certification class and I'll be able to start doing some racing! Another step towards some exciting stuff in the future!

getting my bearings on the track 
trying to pick up some free speed 

DLV is in a very neat location, cool place for sure!


Thanks so much for checking in, I really appreciate it!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment