Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Comeback kid

Sort of. I was (thankfully) given the ok to return to some short bouts of exercise on Monday. Just as I had about played as much Grand Theft Auto as I could stomach. I can't do anything longer than 30 minutes, and I can't do more than 5 sessions a week, but it's a start. And I can add intensity. Baby Steps :)

Of course I went on a 20 minute run bright (actually still dark) and early Tuesday morning and had to laugh at my current state. It's hard for me to imagine a 2 mile run sticking it to me, but boy did it. By the time I finished my loop I was thankful I had limited myself to 20 minutes... I guess over a month of sitting on my butt did a little bit of damage! At least I'm doing something again though! It felt awesome to be out on the trails again, 20° weather be damned.

And speaking of comebacks, the Scott is being returned to life as we speak!


I know, I know, it's hard to believe it's really happening, but within the next week or two (I had to order a new Front Derailleur, as I've destroyed all my spares) the Scott will be back on the road (or at least on the trainer) Very minimum logo's (it only has the scott logo on the non drive side) and of course, stealthed out. It could have turned out a little better had I went back and filled a few more places in it, but honestly, I just want it to be done and ready to take a beating.

More pictures to come on the buildup!

Hopefully you are all staying warm and safe out there, As always, thanks so much for reading!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment