Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A short unplug

It's that time again... Time for me to pack my bags and the missus and take a few days off in the surf and sand. I know you will all miss my weekly update terribly, but I'll be back, unless they find a need for a crappy cyclist / car salesman down in Florida of course...

That said, I've been getting some good work done in preparation for my upcoming week of laziness. My FTP Test was last Tuesday, and despite considering myself much better at them than I used to be, I still allowed myself to get a little too worked up too early... leading to me completely blowing up 16 minutes in. What really stinks about that? I had to redo it on Thursday! Fortunately reason dominated my pacing on the second attempt and I managed to grind out a few watts higher than my last test. Not a bad effort considering I probably started a little on the "too conservative" side overcompensating for Tuesday. I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm closing the gap to where I was before my unscripted layoff last year. On Saturday I set a little "indoor milestone" thanks to the rain... I did a 100 miler on the trainer! Something Zwift made MUCH easier to stomach.

Even managed to take the KoM right before hitting 100

It was a big boost for my confidence in my endurance slowly returning to me. Of course on Sunday there were multiple people who rode the entirety of the men's elite Richmond course! That's some serious time in the saddle on Zwift!

Also, Ironman Chattanooga was this past weekend (and Augusta for that matter) and one of my good friends Sharon Deane broke her past Ironman PR by over an hour!

Cobb Mobb superstar
I admit, after checking in on her a few times I started to feel the pull to sign up for another big event... but common sense quickly reigned me in. I'm just now starting to not feel terrible after a few days of consistent riding... don't think I'm ready to start adding running back in yet ;)

Chatt also got the nod for the 2017 70.3 World Championships, and that's pretty exciting. I'm sure I'll have to make a trip out there to see what all the fuss is about!

For now however, thanks for reading this quick update. I'll be back in two weeks with something (hopefully) a little special to share!

Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it!

- Christopher Morelock

No comments:

Post a Comment