Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016, A New Start

Finally I can quit with the hints and just say it. For 2016 I'll be racing with Provision Multi-sport Team. If you're familiar with the blog and my issues the last year you'll have heard the name before and know that they were instrumental in helping me return to racing. This year I'm hoping to extend that to a return to multi-sport as well as just cycling.

Now I'm going to have to scour the Internet for a free Disney font to use.

I'm excited and hopeful that 2016 will be my best year so far. To help me with some of my lofty goals, and to keep me in check and healthy as I start running and swimming again, I've enlisted the expertise of Coach Joe Peeden to help re-mold me into a swimming, biking and running machine. 2015 was a drought in the way of race reports on the blog, due primarily to the fact that I indeed wasn't doing much racing! This year hopefully that will all change and we'll be back to a healthy dose of the interesting stuff.

It also wouldn't be the first post of the year if I didn't put down my resolution. In general I'm as bad as everyone else is when it comes to them (that is, I make it Jan1 and forget it Jan 11) but this year I would like to try something that should be very easy despite the fact that I don't think I've ever successfully accomplished it. For 2016 I would like to be more positive in regards to my training and racing. Instead of constantly focusing on the "bad" parts of my day, I hope I'll be able to see the good parts and focus on that. I know, I know... I've never been a glass half full kind of guy, and I'm not all that into the whole new age feel good movement, but resolutions should at least be intended to help us become better people, so that's what I'm hoping for. You guys are responsible for keeping me held true to it as well... see me lingering on the negative side too long and give me a sharp reminder of this post!

Here's to a great new year!
Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it

- Christopher Morelock

1 comment: